A passion for customer service, strong product knowledge and bar skills and a lead-by-example approach to management will help you to create the awesome guest experience we are looking for for our busy alpine bar. We need you to have a willingness to join in and deliver high levels of customer service at all times, to stay organised and to work well as part of a team, all while managing your staff effectively to ensure that product and service standards are met. An eye for detail and the ability to implement and maintain procedures for maximum operating efficiency will help things to run smoothly all winter long over the quiet and the busy nights. Lastly, an understanding of the seasonal lifestyle and a love for the mountains, snow and the great outdoors are vital in making your role as Bar Manager rewarding across both the guest and our employee experience. In taking on responsibility for the bar, maximising sales and managing the potential of your team you’ll get the chance to live the dream whilst creating a great snow experience for all involved.
- Selling and serving of alcoholic drinks to customers
- Direct and manage staff members to ensure a smooth bar operation
- Be accountable for the responsible service of alcohol within the bar
- Ensure adherence to stock control procedures
- Oversee accurate cash-up procedures and ensure necessary paperwork is complete
- Assess development needs and train and coach staff
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet set standards
- Resolve customer complaints promptly
- Monitor cleanliness and hygiene of bar area and practice and promote compliance with fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and regulations
- Monitor and order supplies
- Liaise with suppliers and sales representatives to confirm that procurement of supplies is on the best possible terms
- Make certain all deliveries are checked in correctly and documentation is correct
- Organise promotional activities
- Implement improvements for products and service
- Maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings and discussions
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding service of alcohol, sale of tobacco and licensing
- Help to create the company’s desired guest experience within the bar and facilitate a productive and enjoyable employee experience for staff
- Be sociable and approachable at all times to both patrons and co-workers
- Maintain high standards of customer service.
- 4 years bartending experience essential
- Must have valid Victorian RSA
- Previous experience in the management of a bar or beverage service operation
- Working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Some knowledge of business management principles and practices
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role within a hotel preferred
- Quick problem resolver
- Good judgment
- Able to work coolly and efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced busy bar environment
- Ability to deal with problem customers quickly, efficiently and with minimal disruption
- Be physically able to move beer kegs and re-stock the bar from high cupboards and upstairs storage
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- High attention to detail
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September.
If you would like the opportunity to spend the winter on top of the world, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.
The Sugarbush Lodge and Alpine Retreat are also hiring for bar jobs, kitchen and restaurant jobs, ski tech, handyman, reception and housekeeping positions. Please see our other listings as well.