Dolomiti Italiano at the Alpine Retreat Mt Buller is currently recruiting for an experienced and reliable kitchen hand to assist our chef in preparing delicious Italian food. Shifts will cover breakfast and dinner times with some late nights collecting glasses in the Off-Piste Bar.
- wash and clean utensils and dishes and make sure they are stored appropriately
- handle, sort, store and distribute food items
- wash, peel, chop, cut and cook foodstuffs, and help prepare salads and desserts
- sort and dispose of rubbish and recycling
- organise laundering of kitchen linen
- help take in and put away deliveries
- help with stick control and ordering
- clean food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
- clear tables
- wait tables during busy periods
- Must hold a valid Victorian RSA. Food Handlers Certificate also preferred
- Experience in a kitchen preferred
- Able to work quickly and safely with minimal supervision
- Good personal hygiene
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good eye for detail
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September.
If you would like the opportunity to spend the winter on top of the world, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and photo to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.
The Sugarbush Lodge and Alpine Retreat are also hiring for bar jobs, kitchen and restaurant jobs, ski tech, handyman, reception and housekeeping positions. Please see our other listings as well