Restaurant Manager / Maitre D’
Are you a Restaurant Manager who takes pride in delivering a “dining experience” to their patrons each night? Can you control the comings and goings of your wait staff, kitchen team and bartenders with flair and enthusiasm whilst delivering top quality customer service, cheerfully greeting patrons and discretely managing staff, rosters and stock during breakfast and dinner shifts? Last of all, do you have a passion for the snow, skiing and all things winter? Then you could be just the person we are looking for to experience the excitement and fast-paced lifestyle of a ski season whilst taking over the running of our Italian—Australian Alpine eating experience, becoming a familiar and friendly face to our hotel guests and the wider Mt Buller community and helping make our restaurant one of the must-do highlights of Mt Buller.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant
- Recruiting staff and directing their training
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback
- Responding to customer complaints
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards
- Being on the floor, meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Running the pass and liaising between the floor and the kitchen
- Organising and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- 3 years of experience in a restaurant and management experience is preferred
- A warm and outgoing personality with a passion for food and customer service
- Must have a commitment to deliver a unique and memorable guest experience
- Punctual, patient and mindful
- Fluent in English and proficiency in other languages is a plus
- An interest in carving out a position within the restaurant scene at Mt Buller and making the restaurant your own for future seasons will be viewed favourable.
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September.
If you would like the opportunity to spend the winter on top of the world, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and photo to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.
The Sugarbush Lodge and Alpine Retreat are also hiring for bar jobs, kitchen and restaurant jobs, ski tech, handyman, reception and housekeeping positions. Please see our other listings as well