Answering to the Bar Manager, we need a Bar Supervisor who is looking to go the extra mile and take the next step in Bar Management, taking on responsibility for the guest experience we deliver by ensuring high levels of customer service are provided at all times, working well as part of a team and taking on a leadership role when necessary. You should have strong product knowledge and bar skills, a willingness to join in and the reliability to help maximise sales and minimise issues within the Responsible Service of Alcohol framework. In line with the snow experience we want to deliver for our guests you will also need to be available to assist with hotel and lodge operations and to demonstrate your love for the mountains, snow and Mt Buller by helping to create the opportunity for you to both live the winter dream and to enliven it for our guests.
- Selling and serving alcoholic drinks to customers
- Checking customer’s identification to confirm they are of drinking age
- Taking payments
- Keeping the bar well-stocked and helping with stock control
- Dealing with intoxicated patrons
- Keeping the bar clean and overseeing cleaning down at the end of the night
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene levels throughout service
- Organising storage to run at optimal efficiency during busy periods
- Taking stock inventories
- Helping with ordering and the taking in of deliveries
- Be responsible for overseeing and ensuring all operations of the bar in the absence of the Bar Manager
- Communicating to Bar Manager about assigned tasks
- Remain sociable and approachable at all times to both patrons and co workers
- Maintain high standards of customer service
- 2 years bartending experience essential
- Must have valid Victorian RSA
- Management and supervisory experience may also serve as an advantage
- Be able to help as front of house for the lodge, assisting with check-ins, check-outs and providing information and guest services
- Quick problem resolver
- Team player
- Able to work coolly and efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced busy bar environment
- Deal with problem customers quickly, efficiently and with minimal disruption
- Be physically able to re-stock the bar from underground cellar accessed by a ladder, high cupboards and storage up stairs
- Organise storage to run at optimal efficiency during busy periods
- Cleaning down the bar at the end of the night and maintaining cleanliness and hygiene levels throughout service.
- Prior housekeeping or waiting experience is preferred.
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.