A passion for both customer service and the mountains will make your role as one of our lodge hosts rewarding all winter. We need you to have a willingness to join in, deliver high levels of customer service at all times, stay organised and work well as part of a team, all while maintaining great attention to detail and calmly circumnavigating the many particulars that working in a ski resort can present, and in exchange you’ll get the chance to live the dream and create a great snow experience for both yourself and our guests.
- To assume responsibility for the lodge, our staff and guest’s welfare and the quality of their snow experience over the course of the season
- To set-up the lodge prior to opening weekend to ensure it’s fully operational for the arrival of the first customers and to carry out a deep clean at the start, middle and end of the season
- To work as a key part of our team of lodge hosts, caring for guests every week, and helping ensure that their holiday expectations are met with regard to the “snow experience” that they receive
- To ensure the lodge is kept clean and tidy and that health and hygiene standards are exceeded by the whole team on a daily basis
- To provide a buffet style breakfast each morning and afternoon tea each evening for guests, adhering to all food safety practices, policies and procedures and in accordance with dietary requirements
- To monitor stock and place orders with relevant suppliers for breakfast food and afternoon tea options, cleaning supplies for the lodge and stock for the reception kiosk
- To be responsible for ensuring the division of tasks and workload amongst the lodge team according to assigned rosters and out-of-hours assistance
- To organise and oversee the laundry and make sure the linen is washed and put away each day
- To ensure that any necessary maintenance is carried out as quickly as possible and to deal with any guest problems that may arise as a result
- To act as lodge receptionist, responsible for the smooth check in of incoming guests and the timely departure of outgoing guests
- To make yourself known and available to guests as a source of information and assistance and to be the first point of contact for any customer queries or issues, helping to maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- To be responsible for ensuring that calls to the lodge phone are always answered
- To close down the lodge at the end of season so everything is correctly accounted for and handed back to management
- To stand in for any role necessary and cover in the event of illness / injury
- To perform such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, including assistance with marketing and answering guest feedback
- Enjoy working with people
- Friendly, helpful and patient
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to record information accurately
- Able to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Able to project a professional manner at all times
- Flexible and resourceful
- Able to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Possess a flexible, hands-on and pro-active approach
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others
- Able to work on own initiative
- A skier or snowboarder who is able to describe what a great snow experience means to them in their cover letter
Excellent customer service, organisational and interpersonal skills. Previous hospitality experience, preferably in hotels/accommodation-provision with knowledge of hotel reservation software and its functionalities. A second language may be an advantage, as would the ability to assist guests with a limited understanding of English.
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.