Joining our hotel housekeeping team requires much more than just polishing the shiny bits – our guests will spend most of their time with us in their rooms scrutinising your handiwork and forming their opinions, good or bad, of their “snow experience”. So we need people who have a true eye for detail, who will take health and hygiene standards seriously and deliver a top class clean within prescribed time limits and ski mum specifications. If you would describe yourself as a “clean freak”, hold yourself accountable for mess and are physically fit enough to carry 50 tons of linen up and down 3 flights of stairs over the course of a season, all while still waking up each morning with the energy and drive to get out on the slopes and ski, then maybe you are the housekeeper we’re looking for.
- To be responsible for the linen and cleaning equipment supplied for use
- To ensure that health and hygiene standards are met and work procedures are applied
- Clean hotel rooms, quickly, neatly and efficiently, including making beds with clean linens, replenishing supplies, vacuuming, dusting furniture, cleaning fridges, cleaning windows, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly and any other cleaning duties as needed
- Clean all guest rooms within 15-25 minutes
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel in general and all public and communal areas, including outside areas
- Be alert to mess or damage and clean or remedy it immediately
- Maintain a neat and clean housekeeping supplies basket, storage rooms and cupboards
- Keep track of each days housekeeping list and prepare room reports and maintenance lists for reception
- Keep inventories of room contents and ensure that everything is in its place
- Label and submit all lost and found items to the Housekeeping Supervisor and Reception immediately
- Ensure all laundry for the hotel is completed on a daily basis and re-stock linen cupboard
- Maintain a friendly and approachable attitude towards guests and co-workers
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Complete deep cleaning when assigned by Housekeeping Supervisor
- Help with ordering of supplies and putting away incoming deliveries
- Respect all hotel equipment and property and use with care to avoid unnecessary damage
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum timeframe
- Team working
- Organisation and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal hotel procedures and health and hygiene standards
- Use discretion so as not to disturb guests
- Engage with guests who may be present and help to share the snow experience with them
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September.
If you would like the opportunity to spend the winter on top of the world, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.
The Sugarbush Lodge and Alpine Retreat are also hiring for bar jobs, kitchen and restaurant jobs, ski tech, handyman, reception and housekeeping positions. Please see our other listings as well.