Bar / Restaurant Person
Being the face of our busy alpine bar, restaurant and live music venue, our guests and other Mt Buller locals will quickly come to know your name – and to remember the great bar and dining experience you deliver for them each and every night. So we need people who work well as part of a team and are committed to customer service values, health and hygiene to help create the friendly alpine ambience Mt Buller and its ski clubs are famous for. Reliability and a willingness to join in will help you both to create and to live the snow experience for yourself and our guests, whilst working to maximise sales and minimise issues within the Responsible Service of Alcohol framework and the dining code. You will also be called on to ensure standards are met with regards to cleaning, stock taking, deliveries and hotel and lodge operations from time to time and to demonstrate your love for the mountains, snow and Mt Buller by helping to create the opportunity for you to both live the winter dream and to enliven it for our guests and patrons.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations
- Advising customers on menu and wine choices
- Carrying plates and clearing tables
- Laying out and clearing away breakfast
- Checking stock levels and reporting them to the Maitre D’ and chef
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- Create a great dining and drinking experience for guests at the snow
- Must hold a valid Victorian RSA. Food Handlers Certificate also preferred
- Experience in a restaurant is preferred
- A warm and outgoing personality with a passion for food and customer service
- Must have a commitment to deliver a unique and memorable guest experience
- Punctual, patient and mindful
- Fluent in English and proficiency in other languages is a plus
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa, a Victorian RSA and be available to work the whole winter season until the end of September. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.