House Keeping Supervisor
Working in housekeeping is no easy task and so it follows then that managing our housekeeping team is even less of a mean feet. We need someone who will take responsibility for the presentation, health and hygiene standards of our two ski lodges all winter long and ultimately be accountable for the quality of the guest experience that we deliver each night. This will involve making sure that every guest room is cleaned quickly, efficiently and to a high enough standard to keep our ski mums happy, whilst also making sure that the cleaning of all public areas is up to scratch, keeping track of all ordering and supplies, all maintenance requests and requirements, all lost property to be returned and never ending tons of laundry. You will need to be able to delegate effectively but also work as part of the team, liaising with reception staff to ensure that all guest needs are met. If you’re up to the challenge and think you have what it takes to deliver a first rate “snow experience” to our guests whilst still finding time (and energy) to get out and enjoy the slopes yourself, then you could be just the housekeeping supervisor that we’re looking for.
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Attend to and resolve guest complaints
- Manage and verify the taking of deliveries
- Clean hotel rooms, quickly, neatly and efficiently, including making beds with clean linen, cleaning bathrooms, replenishing supplies, vacuuming, dusting furniture and all other cleaning duties as needed within 15-25 minutes per room
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms
- Daily briefing of housekeeping team and maintenance persons
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department
- Organise schedule for deep cleaning of rooms and hotel on a timely basis
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel in general and all communal areas by being alert to mess or damage and cleaning or remedying it immediately
- Manage the laundry for the hotel and re-stock linen cupboard
- Keep inventories of room contents and ensure that everything is present and correct
- Label and submit all lost and found items to Reception immediately
- Be responsible for the linen and equipment supplied for use, respect all hotel equipment and property and use with care to avoid unnecessary damage. Maintain neat and clean linen room and supplies
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and a friendly and approachable attitude towards guests and co-workers
- Complete all other duties as assigned by management
- Must have good attention to detail when cleaning and tidying
- Be able to work as part of a team but also take the lead to cut down work time
- Be organised and thorough: coach staff to prepare bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Use discretion so as not to disturb guests
- Prior housekeeping or waiting experience is essential
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September.
If you would like the opportunity to spend the winter on top of the world, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and photo to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in Melbourne.
The Sugarbush Lodge and Alpine Retreat are also hiring for bar jobs, kitchen and restaurant jobs, ski tech, handyman, reception and housekeeping positions. Please see our other listings as well.