Hotel Receptionist / Reservationist
Are you a people-person who loves nothing more than making others feel welcome? Do you thrive on solving problems quickly and efficiently? Can you keep your cool when others can’t? Can you put yourself in others shoes and always seal a deal? If you answered yes to all of the above and you also get excited at the thought of snow, skiing and the winter season, then you could be just what we’re looking for in our Hotel Reception & Reservationist. We need someone who’s happy to be the first point of contact for our guests, whatever they need, and who will take responsibility for making sure that you and the hotel deliver the best possible snow experience for all our visitors.
- Check guests in, take their details and allocate their rooms to maximise bookings
- Help to make and confirm travel arrangements at Mt Buller for guests
- Inform guests of the hotel's services and facilities, policies and procedures to make their stay as easy as possible
- Provide information about skiing, snowboarding, snow play and events
- Make reservations for restaurants, the cinema and entertainment
- Deal with enquiries and requests from guests calmly and efficiently
- Finalise guests' bills and issue receipts upon payment
- Perform cashier duties for the Alpine Retreat Skiosk
- Coordinate the cleaning of rooms and communal areas with housekeeping staff
- Follow in-house procedures to help ensure the security of guests and employees and take charge in an emergency
- Perform general secretarial duties, such as answering and preparing correspondence and answering the phone and emails.
- Receive reservations for accommodation from clients and travel agents, either in person, online or by telephone and email
- Respond to enquiries and make reservations as needed
- Prepare and send out booking confirmations and arrival checklists
- Process deposits and payments on reservations
- Prepare expected arrival lists and documents for front office use
- Use the hotel’s CMS to configure rates and manage availability as and when required in all XML channels and on the hotel website
- Make sure that files are kept up to date
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times
- Promote goodwill by beings courteous, friendly and helpful to guests, managers and fellow employees
- Be fully aware of and adhere to health and safety and fire threat procedures
- Be willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house
- enjoy working with people
- friendly, helpful and patient
- able to assist guests with a limited understanding of English
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- able to record information accurately
- able to work as a leader and as part of a team
- able to project a professional manner at all times
- flexible and resourceful
- able to stay calm in difficult situations
- understand the snow and the specific characteristics and challenges of the alpine environment and be able to help our guests to do the same
Previous hotel-related experience desired. Experience in using hotel reservation software and its functionalities would be an advantage. A second language may also be an advantage.
Please note that this job will involve working mostly mornings and evenings or split shifts. Applicants must hold a valid Australian work visa and be available to work the whole winter season from around the 1st June until the end of September.
If you would like the opportunity to spend the winter on top of the world, please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sugarbush Lodge and Alpine Retreat are also hiring for bar jobs, kitchen and restaurant jobs, ski tech, handyman, reception and housekeeping positions. Please see our other listings as well.